The government is pushing ahead with the biggest attack on our rights at work in 30 years. It's asking for comments on its proposal to allow employers to break strikes by using temporary agency workers.
The government has said that they will only count our submissions separately if we put our comments in our own words. So putting things into your own words is the best way to help stop this bit of the horrible Trade Union Bill. But we've included a few pointers below:
- Using agency workers to break strikes will allow employers to ignore the wishes and needs of its workforce.
- It will dramatically weaken the power of ordinary workers to hold their employers to account for bad practices.
- It puts agency workers at risk during strikes and they are often workers with fewest protections, no sick leave and from marginalised communities.
It's really easy to fill out the form. Just follow these simple steps:
- Fill in your personal details - name and address. This is important as otherwise the government won't count your response.
- Then just add your comment about using agency workers to break strikes.