The Adani mega-mine is on the fast track to pump billions of tonnes of carbon into our atmosphere- and all this without the consent of the land’s Traditional Owners- the Wangan and Jagalingou people.
But without insurance, there can be no extraction. Our partner, Coal Action Network, will be delivering a giant card to insurer Probitas1492 offices this Valentine’s day with the message they need to hear: ‘Break up with Adani’. Let’s amplify this call and fill their inboxes with thousands more personalized Valentine’s day messages.
Send your message to Probitas staff now asking them to ‘Break up with Adani’ and stop insuring the disastrous Adani coal mine.
Here are some suggestions for your email but feel free to personalize it as much as you'd like. The more personal the better! Adani’s Carmichael mine will:
- Destroy the ancestral lands and waters of the Wangan and Jagalingou people without their consent.
- Add 4.6 billion tonnes of carbon pollution to our atmosphere.
- Allow 500 more coal ships to travel through the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area every year.
- Drain 270 billion liters of Queensland's precious groundwater.
- Critically, if allowed to go further, Adani’s Carmichael coal mine will unlock the Galilee Basin - one of the world's largest untouched coal reserves – paving the way for at least eight more coal mines to be built.
- Respect indigenous rights, protect our futures and break up with Adani!