2018 has been a historic year against dirty palm oil! You’ve helped protect pristine rainforest, workers, and animals on the brink of extinction. Let’s take a minute to celebrate some of these massive wins:
- You got sanctions put on Pepsi’s conflict palm oil business partner, Indofood, responsible for deforestation across Indonesia.
- You helped get Nestle to end its lucrative business partnership with Indofood.
And now we’re at a critical point: major brands like Pepsi and Procter & Gamble have promised they’ll clean up their palm oil supply chains by 2020 -- which is just a year away.
But at current deforestation rates, it’s clear that these companies aren’t going to meet that deadline without hearing from people like you and me for the next 12 months.
2019 is going to be a critical year to hold these corporations’ feet to the fire. You’re an important part of this organization that is forcing these brands to stick to their promise so we can protect people and planet over profit.
We’ll go after the industry from all sides by:
- Forcing Pepsi to cut ties with conflict palm oil company Indofood
- Pressuring big global brands to use sustainable palm oil
- Ending EU subsidies for polluting palm oil in biofuel
- Going after banks that finance conflict palm oil
It’s going to take a lot to roll this out and win these fights. But incredible members like you have what it takes. A small donation will make sure this plan becomes action. Will you help make next year the biggest one yet?