Without insurance, no fossil fuel project can move forward.
The “One-for-One” rule is our chance to stop the insurance of fossil fuel projects.
MEPs are meeting this week and they need to know that you are watching them! Send your email now: Vote for the “One-for-One” rule and safeguard our future.
Here are some suggestions for your email. Feel free to personalise your email- the more personal the better!
- My name is [name] from [city, country]. I urge you to vote in favour of the “One-for-One” capital requirements rule in the Solvency II directive.
- Insurers are enabling destructive fossil fuel projects jeopardising our future.
- The “One-for-One” is a practical solution to address the climate crisis and ensure our global financial stability.
- [Feel free to share your story about how climate change is affecting your life, fears you have about the future, any testimonies you have about rising insurance costs or inaccessibility of climate disaster insurance.]
- I urge you to support a strong “One-for-One” and send a clear message to European citizens that you put the interest of people over those of insurance giants.
- Please let me know how you intend to vote in the ECON Committee meeting at the end of April.