Find the email provider you use from the list below and follow the steps. If you don't see your email provider listed and you would like help, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Using Gmail? Click here for a simple step-by-step guide for Gmail
Apple Mail (OS X and iOS devices)
1. Select the From on any email we've sent you. You should see our new email address, email@example.com.
2. From there, you can choose Create New Contact or Add to VIP.
3. Save firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact.
1. Go to Mail > Preferences and click the Rules tab.
2. Choose Add Rule.
3. Fill out the rule you'd like. We’ve written a list rule to move all mail from our new Ekō domain to the inbox:
If [any] of the following conditions are met: [From] [contains] [@eko.org] Perform the following actions: [Move Message} to mailbox: [Inbox]
4. Click OK to save the rule.
Android (default email client)
1. Open our email.
2. Tap the picture of the email sender (email@example.com) that shows up before the message.
3. Then, tap Save contact to my device.
1. Open an Ekō email in Yahoo! Mail.
2. A plus symbol will appear next to the From information.
3. Click the symbol and you’ll see an Add to contacts popup.
4. Add firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact.
5. Then select Save.
1. Open an email message from Ekō in Outlook.com.
2. On the far right of the message preview pane, you’ll see three vertical buttons. Click those buttons.
3. Then click Add to Safe senders.
4. Add email@example.com and save.
Outlook 20XX and Outlook 365
1. Choose a message from firstname.lastname@example.org and select Home > Junk > Never Block Sender or Never Block Sender’s Domain.
Or you can choose a message email@example.com and then right-click. Choose Junk > Never Block Sender from the dropdown menu.
2. A dialog box will pop up to let you know that our firstname.lastname@example.org email address has been added to your safe senders list.
Windows Live Desktop
1. Open an email@example.com email in Windows Live Desktop.
2. You’ll get an alert that says Some images in this message are not shown.
3. Choose Add to Safe Senders list.
Hotmail Live, Windows Live and MSN
1. Click on Options in the upper right corner of your Hotmail screen.
2. Then click the link for Safe and Blocked Senders in the body of the page under Junk e-mail.
3. Click the Safe Senders link and enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Click Add – that will add us to your Safe List.
From the Junk Folder (in case you find an Ekō email in there):
1. Click Show Content to view the body of the email.
2. Click mark as safe.
3. Now email@example.com will be added to your list of safe senders and all future emails will go to your inbox.
1. Find and select an Ekō email.
2. Click the sender’s name.
3. Choose Add Contact from the dropdown.
4. Add firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact and save.
1. Open an Ekō email.
2. Click the plus symbol on our sender email address.
3. Add email@example.com as a contact and then click OK.