Step 1: dial Senator Vitter on (202)-224-4623
Step 2: Ask to speak with the Senator and mention that you're a voter in Louisiana. You will probably either be directed to an assistant or asked to leave a message.
Your own words will be most powerful, so speak from the heart. If you want some ideas on what to say, you could include:
- I am a voter in the Senator's state.
- I am deeply concerned about the proposed mergers between huge agribusiness companies, and I've joined 530,000 people in signing a petition opposing the Bayer-Monsanto merger.
- I hope the Senator will ask hard questions in the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings Sept 20th about the proposed Bayer-Monsanto merger.
- I've read a legal study (online at bayermonsantomerger.com) and I'm concerned that if the merger goes through, our food supply will be controlled by just 3 huge conglomerates, leading to less choice and higher prices.
- I would like to know what the Senator is going to do about this issue.
And finally, use the form on the right to tell us how the call went!